Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Rest in Peace Pendeta Asang

John Trevor White @ Pendeta Asang
17/8/1910 - 29/5/2006

Asang passed away the week before. He was 95.

He came to Borneo as a young man from the UK as a missionary and gave his life for God and the people of this land. He must have touched thousands and his impact on the lives of people in the Ranau-Taginambur-Kota Belud area will be felt for generations.

I had the privilage of interviewing him a couple of times. Once in KK and another time in his home in Taginambur which he built himself. There is a peace about the place and I felt the presence of God over the land. I wished I could have attended the funeral, but I was in KL.

So many have left their homes and given their lives for the gospel of Jesus in this land. The thousands upon thousands of us who are part of SIB are their legacy. Lets finish what they started.

1 comment:

Ariel said...

The end of an era. Sigh.

But what a legacy he left.