Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Hmmm

Haven't posted in a while. I used to say I only blog when I'm bored or something's really bugging me and I need to vent.

So, I haven't been bored and nothings bugging me?

Plenty has happened in the past few months. I decided to stay where I'm at,  produced the Christmas concert, played paintball alot more often.

Hmm, maybe that's how I'm chilling...

I gotta admit, I don't really like the direction that paintball has taken with speedball and guns that can shoot an insane amount of paintballs per second. Thats not how I remember the game when I first started playing. Rate of fire back then was measured with an hourglass. You really had to take your time, get into position, aim and hope you hit your opponent before he saw you and hit you. Nowadays, its accuracy by volume.

I think the trend over the past of squeezing paintball into small arenas and making the game way faster has taken it to another level. But its also made it less accessible to many. 

I remember my first game. It was in the woods in Norco, California. I was a super noob with no one to guide me or give advice. I remember persuading my friend Keith to go with me. I think I lasted maybe 5 minutes out of a 40 minute game. Nowadays, entire games take 5 minutes if it even lasts that long.

I think I can see why some people who try it for the first time don't enjoy it. Its a little intimidating when pellets are raining all around you and there's not a lot of place to move.

Yes, my marker has a high ROF, but I've turned it down and I only play in semi mode. I still long for the days of single shot stock guns.

2 comments:

Crystal said...

i wanna play paintball.....

EADotCom said...

Deep