Friday, July 20, 2007

Hong Kong Day 2

Woke up late Saturday morning. I had plenty of sleep to catch up on and I also forgot how Hong Kong is never dark with all the lights and kept on waking up at night.

Another hot day, but I thought it'd be a great time to go have Wanton Mee at Stanley Street. I still don't know the name of the shop, but its after the Camera Shops and Luk Yu Tea house. I took a taxi there with MC, Shirley and their daughter Anabel, who's now in school. Last time I saw her she was just a baby. After a little confusion on the location of the shop, Kerry and Herman joined us for lunch as well.

The noodles were springy, had a snap to them and were delicious. The wontons which are the size of golf balls were chock full of prawns and very good. Ahhh.
The weather is still hot. I was very grateful for the shop's air conditioning.

After lunch we wandered around the Page One book store, headed over the Pacific Place for Starbucks. I had to have my caramel macchiato. They only opened in HK in 2000, but they're everywhere now.

I took the MTR over to Causeway Bay to check out the Computer mall in Windsor House. I didn't buy anything, but saw an iPhone selling for HKD9000! After that I swung by Toys R' Us and UML to check out the Transformers toys. The movie rocked, but I wasn't that impressed with the toys.

Coming back down to street level in Causeway Bay, I realised I had forgotten how crowded Hong Kong can get. I ducked into Sogo department store and into more people. I wandered around the supermarket looking for the toilet and realised they have a huge amount of imported Japanese foods.

More later...........

No comments: