Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Back in KK

I'm back in good ole Kota Kinabalu after an extended weekend in KL and Port Dickson. I had a pretty good time at the sibkl young adult retreat at Port Dickson. I also picked up the Foomobile V2 from the dealer and drove in down to Port Dickson.
Its pretty quiet and comfortable for a small truck. The cabin is roomier than the old hilux, especially in the back seat. They've changed the storage area from behind the seat to under the seat. I kinda suspect that this gives up storage space, but we'll see.

It handles highway speeds pretty well, but I felt the front suspension a little too soft and floaty at above 110kmh. I guess a new pair of coilovers would take care of that. The canopy, front bumper and side steps have added some weight, but it feels pretty sluggish for its 1860kg kerb weight. The 2.5liter turbo diesel lacks power and torque. They just haven't seen it fit to equip the Malaysian Hilux with the 3.0L turbo diesel intercooled model like the Thai and Australian versions.

The engine speed sensitive power steering works well, making it very easy to handle. We'll see if its still the same with 33" tires. Hehe.

The milage seems to be very good. The tank was just above E when I got it, took RM102 to fill it up. I was over 350km and it was way above the halfway mark. I guess reports of the 700km/tank range are true. Yeah, I know the Isuzus go further, but they also tend to have larger tanks, which is a good thing really.

The CD player plays MP3 CDs as well, but sound quality is kinda meh. Factory stereo. Sigh.

Nope, no pics. Didn't take a camera along.

For those of you who've always wanted to learn, here's how you moon walk.

No comments: