Wednesday, February 28, 2007

February, the month of reunions

Sort of anyway.

This has been an interesting month. After all the events chronicled in the earlier post this month, I have been 'reunited' with 3 people I've not seen in a very long time.

Geoff
Room mate from college and good buddy.
I've not seen or heard from Geoff since college which would have been 18 years ago. He's managed to stay below the internet radar all this while or just never had email or a website. I finally found someone with his name and profile and it turned out to be him. He's a Presbyterian minister in New Jersey.

Cindy
Cousin I've not seen since Grandma passed away when I was 12. Ok, this was super long ago. A friend of mine knows her family told me she'll be in Selangor next week just when I'm in KL. Won't be able to see her, but I'll give her a call.

Sally*
Friend from Penang whom I had a crush on in high school. We met up again, after I returned to Penang from the US. We lost touch after I moved to KL in 1991, which is about 16 years ago. She calls me up yesterday after getting my number from a friend of hers who knows my brother. She see's her friend's phone ring with my brother's name, so gets the friend to ask the caller if he knows her. Turns out to be my brother after all. Small world, KL.
* not her real name.

No comments: